Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Fun

I just realized I haven't gotten a post on here about the kids seeing Santa. Oops. So now you will get a super long post about all the Christmas happenings. I'm sorry for the poor quality of pictures I have lately the camera was on a weird setting and most of the pictures I have taken over the last month have turned out blurry. I am so sad but I guess at least I got something.



I wanted to get each kid with Santa by themselves but everyone was waiting on us so I didn't get just Garrett and Wyatt does NOT like Santa yet so he wouldn't sit on his lap. You can see him checking Santa out in this picture. At the Barton party this year Clint's Grandpa Jack dressed up like Santa and we tried to put Wyatt on his lap and he screamed, I wish I had it on video. He likes to see pictures and read books about "Hoho" though.

We did the nativity again. It was getting late and the kids were all getting super tired. We didn't make it through even half the story I don't think. It is kinda hard when all eight of the grand kids are five and under, at least we tried. Here are two cute little Wise men.

Kale did not want to participate this year. He didn't want to be Joseph again. I don't remember it being an issue last year but maybe it was. Someone did talk him into being a shepherd though.

You can't tell it's her but Darcy was Mary again. Courtney was Joseph I think.(I'm not sure why she ended up at Joseph) And Uncle Dave was the donkey.


I wanted to take all of my kids pictures in this stocking. I thought it would be so cute but once again I wasn't on the ball so this is the only picture of any of them in the stocking. Thanks Kale!


Here's my cute little family in our new Christmas jammies that Grandma Kalynn gave us. (Thanks again I love the pants they are so comfy! I seriously could just stay in them all the time.)


Here's all the guys. Poor Drake just wanted his mom. (I hope you guys don't mind me posting pictures of you on here or using your names if so let me know and I will take them off)


My handsome guys! Aren't I so lucky?





Christmas night we made gingerbread houses.

This is how we started. We had all of our involvement. Garrett was even in his car seat on the floor by us. I love that we are all still in our pajamas from the night before!


This is how it ended up. Just Kale and I. Oh well we had fun. Kale did most of the decorating.

We went sledding at the golf course with Cassie and Dave before they left.

I thought Kale would be a little nervous and want to ride down with Clint a few times before going by himself. Yeah I was way wrong. He ran up there jumped on the sled and almost didn't stop going till we left. He would go down, as soon as he stopped he would jump up and run back up the hill just to go back down.

Darcy didn't really want to go down. She went once with Clint and then after that we would ask if she would want to go again and she would say, "No thanks" She was content to slide around on her bum.

Wyatt made me laugh. We put him in Clint's big sled when we got there and Clint was going to pull him over to the hill. He started crying and wanted out. So then he just sat around pouting. Well Clint and I decided to go down together and Wyatt hurried and ran over and jumped in with us. Except when I pulled them away, he had his hands covering his face. After that, he didn't want to go again until Kale rode down with Clint and then Wyatt wanted to go again. He never acted like he liked it. He actually covered his face most of the time but he went down a few times.

These two just crack me up. It seems like they are always doing funny things when they get together.

Aren't they so cute!

These are our new pets....as much as wild deer can be your pets. They eat the hay that we have left by the house for the horses. There are at least five bucks. You can see the biggest one by the haystack. We love watching them. There has been up to 25 at once by the house. Most nights we have a couple of them bed down less than twenty feet from the house. Wyatt especially gets excited about them. Anytime he sees them he comes running "Deer, Deer!" And he has already learned what a buck is. We hope they stick around long enough to loose their horns by the house so the kids can go find them and pick them up. I love living on the outskirts of town.

No comments: