It is official. I am addicted to blogging! You probably wouldn't have guessed that since I don't really post that much but trust me I AM! I can't even tell you how many different posts I have written and not actually posted. Whenever I have a bad day or have something on my mind all I want to do is run to the computer and write about it! And I do frequently write about it but almost as frequently I don't publish the post. Why you may ask. Well, because most of the time I probably make very little sense and the things I am writing about are generally no one else's business even though I do want to share them with someone in hopes that someone could help me or even more that I could help someone feel like they are not all alone in these things. I read a few blogs that are so up front and candid about their lives. Those are some of my favorite blogs to read. I wish at times I had the guts to push the publish button and then walk away and not have a second thought about what I had just written. But I will be honest I will probably never be able to do that.
Recently I have had a few people ask me if I have ever thought about being a writer (You know who you are and this is my little shout out to you...I think you are my only faithful readers). I used to LOVE to write. I made up numerous stories, I even illistrated them. Yeah, that was only about 15+ years ago when I was in elementary. I don't really remember enjoying writing through the rest of school. Then just over a year ago my sister-in-law told me about blogs. She told me everyone was doing it. I didn't believe her because I didn't know anyone doing it besides her. I decided to start one of my own anyway. At first I thought it was a great way for family that lives far away to be able to keep track of us and see my darling children I had no idea how much I would grow to love it. And I will admit my sister-in-law was right. I can't believe how many people I know that DO blog or have started since I started mine. Thank you everyone for blogging because not only am I addicted to my own blog I am addicted to reading other people's blogs. Anyway. So about this writing thing. I have been thinking about it quite a bit. A few of those blogs that I love to read are doing it professionally...I think anyway. They go to blogging conferences and they partner up with all these cool places and get to do some awesome giveaways and they quite often get the products too! Can you say jealous? All they are doing is writing about their lives. Well jeez that's all I do. But then the reality hits. Do I have any idea how to get started in that? Absolutely not. Am I as whitty as they are? Heavens no. Am I as classy as they are? Are you kidding me? If I were to set foot into one of those conferences that they do I would stick out like a sore thumb (they post pictures of themselves and their friends they meet there that's how I know)!
So I will continue to day dream about having hundreds of followers and doing fun giveaways. And I will continue to write to the few of you who do actually take the time to read this...
PS Thanks for reading! Maybe someday I will do my own giveaway where you will get some cool thing I have made just for you but probably not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment